We are looking for a full time Legal Counsel to join the Coinchange team. As Legal Counsel you will be exposed to practical experience in areas including securities law, payments, financial services, and digital asset regulations domestically and internationally. You will be part of a fast moving and dynamic team as Coinchange grows, and the ideal candidate will be a team player ready to help across the organization, and have a mind towards innovative solutions.
Coinchange is a Canadian-based corporation headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, offering a number of digital asset-related products and services. Coinchange merges the services of traditional finance together with digital currencies and assets in a risk-assessed, convenient, and intuitive way. As a fintech platform aiming to bring cryptocurrency services to the general public, Coinchange creates an easy to use and transparent digital asset platform for all individuals.
As an early mover in the space, we spent two years developing, designing and solving difficult problems before bringing our proprietary platform to market.
Our global team can be found across Canada, the United States, France, Belarus, Poland and more countries to come as we actively scale our team. Our remote and diverse team values diversity of thought and diversity of experiences. We support each other and want everyone to succeed in their role and in building a great place to work.
As a scaling start-up, we are ambitious, hard-working and we are extremely proud of our platform and products. We have a strong and robust corporate team and our platform is now ready for the next stage of rapid growth.
- Support, design, and execute initiatives that comply with regulatory requirements.
- Help develop regulatory programs by drafting policies, procedures and disclosures.
- Analyze domestic and global securities, payments, and financial services laws and regulations.
- Support regulatory filings and requests for information.
- Participate in projects across multiple teams, including compliance, technical development, operations, and client success.
- Support external counsel across domestic and international jurisdictions.
- Review regulatory and compliance developments on a regular basis.
- Support due diligence and evaluation of third-party partners.
- 3+ years of legal experience working on capital markets and/or financial services law.
- Law degree from an accredited university (LLB or JD), with an active bar admission.
- Ability to explain complex legal concepts in a clear and concise method for any audience.
- Business minded, problem solver that values collaboration in a team environment.
- Ability to become a subject matter expert in new regulatory and compliance areas.
- Interest in and knowledge of digital assets and blockchain technology.
- Ability to start immediately.
What To Expect
As a start-up in the digital assets space we provide tremendous growth opportunities, flexible working environments, and team-based structures that reinforce problem solving, decision making, and collaboration.
Due to the high volume of applications, only those applicants that qualify will be contacted.
Our team is currently working remotely. In the future we will be offering flexible working environments of remote and in-office, with our head office located in Toronto, Ontario.